At Unique Deliveries we go the extra mile to make sure that the furniture you store with us gets back to you in the same condition that you sent it to us in. We pride ourselves on our knowledge of warehousing and making sure your items stay dry and protected. We take every precaution to eliminate the possibility for accidents.
To help make your job easier below are a few tips and tricks to help you keep your items in tip-top condition.
It’s a great idea to apply a stain repellent to your cloth furniture upon receiving it. This will help minimize or even eliminate the possibilities of stains. Remember, always test in an inconspicuous location.
- For liquid spills immediately blot liquid stains gently with a clean and dry cloth to avoid stains from soaking into the furniture. Next, apply a clean wet cloth to the spill to loosen any remaining liquid and follow up with a white dry cloth to finish soaking up any remaining moisture.
- If a dry stain occurs, gently agitate stain with a clean, dry cloth, and vacuum away any loose remains.
- In a bucket, mix equal parts vinegar and water. Soak a white cloth in the liquid and wring it out so that it’s damp, and wipe down your furniture. Rinse the rag often to avoid spreading dirt, and follow back after your work with a dry cloth.
- Equal parts lemon juice and cream of tartar is an ideal spot cleaner for white or beige furniture. Rub the mixture into the stain, and let it sit. After 10 minutes, wipe any residue away with a clean cloth.
- Rubbing alcohol, applied by cotton swab, works wonders for ink stains and mildew. Work it in, and then dry the area with hot air from a blow dryer
- Mineral spirits, e.g., paint thinner, are excellent at wearing away accumulated grime. Pour the spirits into a rag, and gently rub your furniture. Work in a well-ventilated space when using mineral spirits. Wipe up any residual cleaner with a damp cloth.
Most furniture will have tags containing codes on how to clean your furniture. Below are the most common codes.
- W means: Use water-based detergent.
- S means: Clean with a water-free product, like dry cleaning solvent.
- WS means: Either a water-based cleaner or a water-free cleaner is appropriate.
- X means: Professionally cleaning only, though feel free to vacuum it. Keep this is in mind when purchasing furniture.
For best results, please consult with the furniture manufacturer before utilizing any of these tips. If you need further assistance, you can reach us at 801-397-1041.