Changing the interior design of home or space can drastically change the overall feel. By simply switching out rugs, couches, etc. for other styles can make a much larger impact on the overall design and feel of a space! Here are the 9 different styles we love!
1. Modern Interiors- Modern design refers to the reflection of the modern art movement on the inside of a home or space. Typically originating from the 1900’s – 1950’s.
2. Contemporary Interiors- Contemporary design encompasses a range of styles in the latter half of the 20th century. Often features pieces with softened and rounded lines as opposed to sharp stark lines as seen in modern design.
3. Minimalist Interiors- Minimalist design is typically characterized by the austerity and laconism in decoration, and mainly focuses on functional pieces and usually contains no more than 1 color.
4. Georgian Interiors- Georgian design is often identified by its symmetry and formal details. Most prevalent in English colonies throughout the 18th century.
5. Retro Interiors- Retro design typically reflects design that’s from the 1970’s – 1990’s. Nearly has the sense of a geekier sense of style.
6. Urban Interiors- Urban design has a softer more comfortable feel with funky type of vibe.
7. Victorian Interiors- Victorian design originated during the industrial revolution where machinery made it possible for the middle to upper class to own highly ornate and complex pieces of furniture. This design is still very popular to this day.
8. Rococo Interiors- Rococo design originates from French arts dating back to the 18th century. Typically, rococo interior design had a lighter, whimsical feel containing pastel colors including gold, silver, marble and ivory.